It’s been a heavy year for educators and students especially in light of the global pandemic. As school leaders plan for the upcoming school year, it’s imperative to think of ways to implement social emotional learning activities like International Virtual Hackathon for Students from different countries like South Africa, Vietnam, and India. Led by the Gymnasia HaRealit High Schools and the Learning Links Academy, in the Philippines.
What Is Social Emotional Learning (SEL)?
Social-emotional learning is an education practice that integrates social and emotional skills into school curriculum. SEL is also referred to as “socio-emotional learning”, “social and emotional learning”, or “social-emotional literacy”.
Why Social Emotional Learning (SEL) is important?
SEL has some great benefits and they are as follows;
- Self-awareness – Participants will have an understanding about their strengths and limitations, with a well-grounded sense of confidence, optimism, and a growth mindset.
- Self-management – Students will be able to effectively manage stress, control impulses, and motivate themselves to set and achieve better goals.
- Social awareness – Students will understand the perspectives of others and empathize with them, including those from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Relationship skills – Students can develop their communication skills and be able to express themselves clearly, listen well, cooperate with others, resist inappropriate social pressure, negotiate conflict constructively, and seek and offer help when needed.
- Responsible decision-making – Students can have more constructive choices about personal behavior and social interactions based on ethical standards, safety, and social norms.
How to Build Academic Success using Social Emotional Learning?
To have a positive effect, organizations should have the right implementation of a social emotional learning curriculum which consistently promotes an equitable learning environment where all students are held to the same standards, and in turn feel heard, respected, and valued.
It’s very important that the students need to continue developing social emotional skills in today’s ever changing world considering that virtual learning is here to stay. Now more than ever, it is necessary for educators to establish a safe virtual environment that helps students foster a growth mindset to help them succeed now and in the future.
Looking for best online programs for your kids?
Request more information if you’d like to hear more from our admissions team about our online learning options at Learning Links Academy for your kids. Please call us directly at (+63) 917-305-8574 for more info or email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for reading! The views and information provided in this post do not reflect Learning Links Academy programs and/or outcomes directly. If you are interested in learning more about our programs, you can find a complete list of our virtual summer boot camps here or reach out directly using contact form if you have any further questions!